Did you know that the #1 export product from Alabama is automobiles?
Here For America’s recently released Alabama State Economic Impact Study illustrates the significant positive impact of international automakers’ investment in the state of Alabama, including interesting facts about exports and employment.
Alabama is home to Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc., and Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Alabama, Inc.
The report highlights how in 2014 international automakers in Alabama…
- created 79,179 local jobs
- directly employed 13,000 Alabamians
- produced 995,000 vehicles
- purchased $10.5 billion from U.S. suppliers
- exported $6.6 billion worth of vehicles – making autos the #1 export of the state
- contributed $9.6 billion to Alabama’s Gross State Product
- generated $713 million in state taxes
- contributed $1.16 billion to federal revenues
The Honda Odyssey, Honda Pilot, Acura MDX, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Sonata, Mercedes-Benz GLE, Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe, and Mercedes-Benz C-Class are all produced in Alabama.