Here For America’s Tennessee State Economic Impact Study shows the major positive impact international automakers make in The Volunteer State.
Tennessee is home to the Infiniti Decherd Powertrain Plant, Nissan Smyrna Vehicle Assembly Plant & Battery Plant, Nissan North America Inc., Nissan Decherd Powertrain Plant, Toyota‘s Bodine Aluminum, Inc., and Volkswagen Chattanooga. Tennessee is also home to 183 international auto dealers.
The report highlights how in 2014 international automakers in Tennessee…
- created 124,762 local jobs
- directly employed nearly 15,000 Tennesseans
- produced 766,000 vehicles
- purchased $9.8 billion from U.S. suppliers
- contributed $15.4 billion to Tennessee’s Gross State Product
- generated $1.1 billion in state taxes
- contributed $1.9 billion to federal revenues
The Nissan LEAF, Altima, Maxima, Pathfinder, Rogue; Infiniti QX60; and Volkswagen Passat are all produced in Tennessee. The Nissan LEAF is the world’s best-selling electric vehicle, with well over 200,000 vehicles sold.
Note: Vehicles are made, built, or manufactured in the United States using domestic and globally sourced parts.